“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can’t utter.”
~ James Earl Jones, who most are not aware grew up with and still has a speech impairment
Call out to help us share a voice for the families that deal with communication impairments with a historic documentary.
Even though numerous families were already selected, it’s been decided that one more family is needed for the communication impairment documentary which now includes families and individuals of all ages that deal with autism, apraxia, and stuttering. The award winning producer is looking for a very specific age and diagnosis. Please share if you have a preschool child with autism. Would help if you are in the NYC area but she is traveling to include some families and professionals. Filming is planned to start shortly with the other families and professionals chosen. Once you contact us we will put you in touch with the producer who has produced, written and edited films for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TELEVISION, PBS, WNET, BBC, NBC, THE HISTORY CHANNEL and the DISCOVERY CHANNEL on series including NATURE and NOVA and has won 14 awards for her work. Thank you!
“A movie to help bring a voice to our children!”
Award winning producer searching for families that would like to help.
Would you like to be a part of a historic documentary about Communication Impairments? We already have the families needed for apraxia and stuttering. We are now looking for families that have children with autism spectrum disorder around 5 to 7 years old.
- have a younger school aged child diagnosed with autism?
- interest in helping raise awareness about communication impairments?
- want to be part of a historic documentary about communication impairments?
- preferably live in NYC, or have the ability to travel to the NYC area?
If your answer is yes, please email me or leave a message below a brief bio including your child’s age and what state you’re in.
Please include if there are any struggles
- getting a diagnosis (were there any misdiagnosis?)
- securing appropriate therapies in the school IEP
- with insurance for therapies.
The producer right now is still in the investigative stage and has been interviewing parents as well as professionals. She has already selected families for apraxia and stuttering. For families dealing with autism I know she is looking for the human interest aspect of both the success stories as well as the struggles we as parents go through to seek appropriate diagnosis, therapy, placement
We do have the voice of several families who have teens and young adults who grew up with apraxia. This includes just about all of the families interviewed for the Deborah Norville Inside Edition segment on apraxia -but looking for your child’s voice too!
- Me…Lisa Geng;Parent advocate, Cherab Foundation President, CoAuthor The Late Talker
- Jeannie Buesser Parent advocate, Apraxia Network of Bergen County, Author He Talks Funny
- Scott Bilker Parent advocate, creator of The Talking Page, author of numerous books, TV news commentator, and founder of Debtsmart.com which is where he hosts the Talking Page.
- Khalid Mustafa, a 28 year old who grew up with apraxia and who was selected as the ambassador to speak on behalf of the Cherab Foundation for the First Annual International Forum on Children with Special Needs, hosted by the Shafallah Center and the King and Queen of Qatar, and in association with Newsweek magazine in Doha, Qatar, May 8-9, 2006. One of the key note speakers was Cherie Blair
- Also including Kari O’Neill 21 year old who grew up with apraxia, Founder of YADA Young Adult Apraxia Dyspraxia Association
Again if interested in helping please email me, leave a message below, or you can also fill out our “contact us” form with a brief bio including your child’s age and what state you’re in. Please include what struggles getting a diagnosis, appropriate therapies in the school IEP. Please also include if there are any other children around you with apraxia. Thank you!!